Wednesday 15 February 2012

Hariharpur Village

Today the team visited Hariharpur Village about 28 kms from Bodhgaya. The people here are very poor and the people are not well educated. There are many children but no school. However the village does have a Buddhist meditation hall. This was built by a Vietnamese monk who subsequently left it empty.

After giving a talk in the hall, the team were fed by the villagers. This is a very important aspect of Indian hospitality and even poor people will lay on a feast for such visitors.




1 comment:

  1. Hey.
    I am John from India. Actually I am a student but my Hobby is Tour Guide work and all management for tourist in Bodh Gaya. My only Hobby is this if u needs any kind of help in Bodh Gaya Bihar or India and u want to hang out with me in India any where. u please mail me at bodhgaya4india@gmail.com and send me message in Face Book. Your Private tour guide in India …….

    Bye and Tack care.
    You’re John

    ReplyDelete